I cut up an extra piece of bamboo flooring into 4ishx5ish inch pieces and quartered some nice, heavy art paper into 6ish by 7ish pieces. I also found some mailing tags and acrylic craft paint in the craft room.
Biscuit (or I) used a paintbrush to cover the entire smooth side of the flooring block with a thin, even coat of paint.
Then we used a q-tip to remove some paint and make a design. (q-tip worked far better than alternatives we tried including: dry paintbrush, other end of paintbrush, finger, other color of paint)
Then we pressed the paper (or tags) on top and rubbed really hard with our fingers trying not to move the paper at all.
Voila! Biscuit will write From/Love, Biscuit on the front and tape a Trader Joes mini chocolate bar (28 bars for $1!) to the back and call it a Valentine.
Sadly, the project didn't scale well. We tried it with nine Daisy Girl Scouts and encountered problems such as: slow painting and delays=>too dry paint; frustration with the inherent imperfect nature of the print even in best circumstances; a general desire to just paint directly on paper. Oh well, I had a great time!