Biscuit and I came up with a scale, of sorts, of angry words. It goes like this: irritated, frustrated, mad, angry, furious, irate.
All morning I've been trying to play happiness mind games with myself to make myself realize it really isn't that bad (it isn't!) but sheesh that gets annoying sort of quick when you really just want to wallow. So I've got Oscar down for a nap in his crib not screaming and I've made myself a bowl of Cream of Wheat with extra brown sugar and now I will allow myself to list my annoyances. Which I will follow by a list of things I am grateful for. Then I will get off the computer and try to get some crap done.
- Left my wallet in Mr. H's car last night after grocery shopping. He took his car to work.
- Hit bad traffic on the rainy drive to his work compounded by making a wrong turn into worse traffic
- One and a half hours of driving messed with Oscar's morning sleep schedule
- I am still sick. Got sick last Sunday. Thought I was over it Thursday. Am not over it yet.
- Biscuit is sick; I think she has an ear infection.
- Mr. H is super, duper busy. Not his fault but he is really busy and not around as much as I'm used to.
- Girl Scout meeting tonight. Don't have a clue what to do. Was supposed to be a field trip but I screwed up (forgot to plan it).
Ok, that's enough.
Now things I'm grateful for:
- Oscar does not seem to have gotten our cold and his teeth still aren't in but don't seem to be bothering him much. He was very good on the car ride today.
- iPhones with maps programs so even though I was lost and stuck in traffic I knew how to eventually get where I was going
- The coffee was really good this morning
- Biscuit and I woke up early enough today that we got to read in bed together before we got ready.
- Pinterest has a lot of Girl Scout meeting ideas I can peruse
- Biscuit already has a doctor's appointment scheduled for this afternoon so I don't have to make an extra appointment for her ear.
I think that's it for now. Oscar has moved from fussing to crying. Better go rescue him.
Hope you are having a really wonderful Monday.