I wasn't sure which Instagram filter was best for sliced ham. I chose Hefe. Still not sure.
Anyway, Biscuit asked for "roll ups" for her lunch this week. Here's the recipe I came up with that has satisfied all three roll up eaters in the family:
- Lavosh bread (from Trader Joe's)
- Sliced ham (from Trader Joe's)
- Cream Cheese Spread
Cream Cheese Spread recipe (adapted from the UC Davis Coffee House Cookbook)
The measurements are (obviously) approximate. Use what you've got!
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (2-3T)
- 2 small carrots, grated (1/3-1/2 cup)
- 1-2T parsley, finely minced
- part of a green pepper, finely chopped (1/4-1/3 cup)
- pinch of salt
- few grinds of pepper
Stir into 8 oz of whipped cream cheese.
Cover Lavosh with thin layer of spread. Lay a single line of ham slices across it and roll and slice. (Each lavosh made 8 little roll up slices).