Last week I was feeling like a total rock star. Dinner plan followed all week with homecooked meals (mostly by Mr. H but I made the plan so that counts, right?). Sewing projects underway. Commitments kept and time available to relax. Easy peasy. I decided it was totally realistic to commit to at least an hour a day of sewing/writing/planning on a major project I've undertaken and that I would do a better job blogging more regularly and with more useful and interesting content. I was also going for a run religiously every other day.
Last week when I looked back at the calendar I noticed that other than a Monday night Brownie meeting (after I had the day off on Monday) we didn't have any evening commitments. School and daycare were on regular schedules. No late evenings at work for Mr. H or I. Friday afternoon when my car broke down I should have known it was a sign about the coming week :)
This week. My usual day off was filled with an extra long work day until late evening. Every other night of the week involved meetings, commitments and fun stuff but, still, stuff away from the house. I never did make a menu plan or even go grocery shopping beyond a quick trip to buy dinner ingredients on Wednesday. Biscuit has taken to packing her own lunch and I'm not sure what she found today. The sandwich bread was certainly dry.
And here it is Friday again and the list is longer not shorter. But despite the busyness it has been a good week.
- Mr. H bought a car (I know, crazy, right? A post of its own for sure).
- My parents were over for a night and spent a day with the kids.
- My in laws are back from a trip and we got to spend an evening with them yesterday
- My sister's bridal shower is Sunday and her bridesmaids are awesome. It may be a bit haphazard with 6 planners doing it by email but it's spread out the work load so much.
With that said, I do still need to mix up several batches of scones. And I want to squeeze in a long run.
So I'll sign off with a little list for myself of posts I need to write:
- Oscar update--he talks. He is funny!
- Biscuit's birthday--plans are underway
- Bridal shower favors (plus tutorial)
- New (to us) car!
- Big project
- New (to me) sewing machine!
- Local art and art shows
- Hallway makeover
Ok, got some content lined up. Just need to sit and right the posts. Maybe next week.