Last week my friend, Lisa, who is a talented graphic designer came over and gave the book a look. It's so, so, so much better than I was able to do with my novice skills. And now everything is set up as a template that I can fill with content. Just as soon as Kristy and I finish the content.
The headline font is annoying me because it got weirdly pixelated but the coolest thing is that it's Biscuit's handwriting! I made it a font using Fontifier which was super easy and fun and I'd love to recommend it but it's just too pixelated. I'm trying to figure out if I should use it or not. I'm leaning toward yes.
The little weight image is an original drawing I commissioned from one of our 11 year old friends. He's a budding artist so I paid him a very, very meager sum to make the chapter logos and I totally love them!
Don't pay attention to the content yet, it's mostly placeholder, but with a layout this project is feeling really real. Which is awesome!
If anyone out there is interested in pattern testing, let me know. I'm thinking I'd need you to get your own supplies (though that could be negotiated). Then I'd send you a pattern to make a project as written and ask you to let me know if any parts are confusing. I'd "pay" you with an e-copy of the book. (I'd offer a printed copy but I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to offer print or just digital). E-mail me or leave a comment if you're up for it! I'd be very grateful! Most, but not all, projects are sewing projects.