- My garden is making me so happy. It's haphazard but we got a giant bowl of lettuce for tonight's salad along with carrots and the last of the snap peas. I've got seeds and seedlings in for summer veggies too.
- This sunny weekend saw Biscuit and I at Picnic Day with my family, including my sister's family. Biscuit has decided she wants to be a reporter (inspired no doubt by her wax museum report on Martha Gellhorn) so you'll have to wait for her intrepid reporting on the rest of Picnic Day. But I will say, I love a good marching band so the parade and Battle of the Bands were both fun. I selfishly hope she keeps up the trumpet.
- On Sunday she opened her ice cream stand. Social media (and good weather) for the win. She had tons of customers some of whom drove 15 miles to be there. At one point it was a little party of families hanging out eating ice cream and enjoying the sunshine.The lemon lime sherbet was a hit.
- Meanwhile Oscar and Mr. H were in Idaho for a boat race. The drove about 12 hours each way. For a boat race. They say it was fun, I remain skeptical, but they returned happy. Funniest part, Oscar came home and was singing to himself, "mama said the pistol is the mama's right hand" over and over and over. I finally asked what he was singing. "I learned a song," he told me, "I'm going to sign it at preschool." which is even funnier when he realized the pistol is the "debil's right hand" and started signing that. Johnny Cash FTW.
- Stormy the Huntress is taking DOWN the baby rats. It's disturbing how many she has killed. Maybe 9? How many ARE there??
- Open House at Biscuit's school included no less than three performances: band, choir and 5th grade recorder concert. A recorder concert! How funny is that?
- Seriously, the weather. So good. Just don't mention allergies.