Because this recipe worked out and I might want to make it again, I'm writing it down somewhere I will be able to find it again. Here. On the blog.
Really Delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
In a small saucepan, cook together until mushy:
- 1 cup sliced, fresh strawberries
- ~1/3 cup sugar
In a separate bowl, whisk together
- 4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- ~1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Layer into popsicle molds, a bit of cream mixture a smaller bit of strawberries, repeat, end with cream. Use a skewer to swirl and blend the layers a bit. Freeze and enjoy!
This recipe is a mash up of everything I found on the internet modified based on what was in my fridge. And it worked! BTW the photo is NOT of this exact popsicle recipe. The cheesecake pops are more layered.
Biscuit sold these at "Paige's Place" her sometimes weekend business. She had her first sell out with 6 flavors of popsicles. Ok, so while I'm typing I'll list them for my own reference
- Watermelon Lime (very easy, very refreshing)
- Fudgesicles (a hassle to make but worth the effort, Smitten Kitchen is never wrong)
- Strawberry ice cream pop (pictured above, Biscuit's idea, melted vanilla ice cream with strawberries mixed in)
- Bananaberry Smoothie pop (Biscuit's creation, a homemade smoothie of banana, strawberries, blackberries, milk etc)
- Grilled Peach and Brown Sugar (grilled peach halves topped with a spoonful of brown sugar, slipped out of their skins, pureed and frozen)